I always thought the "real goddamned mail" posts were hyperbole, wondrous exaggerations. No more. My first collection:
- Two things about your new header. It's too dark. And a child's pain is never something to celebrate or mock.
- I posted "Xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx" the other day and it only got 1 comment. I think it's a very important topic, and I was wondering if it's okay that I post it again until I get some good feedback.
- i know its against the god-forfended rules to bitch about people in the comments, but i wish you'd send this note along privately to Xxxxxxxx. "Ps, you're a douche. 100 proof douche."
- Why don't you organize all of this? It seems to me that it's just a big list of posts with no rhyme or reason. I don't even know where to start.
- I'm sick to death of 9/11 stories, how everyone was so impacted. I lived in NYC at the time. I was impacted. Droning and twee proffies in Ohio and Arkansas who watched it on CNN don't know shit about it, and they have co-opted the experience for themselves as if they knew anything. I guarantee you that the same people could write overlong and dull remembrances of Katrina because Anderson Cooper told them about it. You all have minimized the entire event as yet more "LOOK AT ME" pseudo journalistic trash.
- Whatever happened to (fill in some previous poster)? He/she was the only one worth a shit on your page.
- Whatever happened to (fill in some previous poster)? You probably banned him/her because he/she gave you too much to think about.
- I used to love this page, but it's so incredibly boring. Why don't you exert some influence and bring it back?
- Could you lighten your grip on things? Everytime something good gets going in comments, you post some idiotic new post about the most inane matters. You're killing the page..
- Who's Presto?
- Where's Fab?
- I'm glad that Fab's gone. The page has run much more smoothly since he left.
- I wish you'd let Fab run the page again. The whole site has gone off the rails since he left.
- You always give the same people Post of the Week. I respect your
right to pick the ones written by your friends, but you should make it
available to anyone. I'm surprised you don't give it to your own posts!