Friday, July 25, 2014

A final performance by Cal and Angry Archie

From College Misery, February 5, 2013


Flakes.

 



lyrics by Angry Archie
musical realization and ruination by Compound Cal
[+]
based on the rick rubin / johnny cash arrangement
of trent reznor's "hurt"
necessary apologies




Flakes

I hurt my flakes today
To see if they still feel
I focus on the grades
The only thing that's real
Blue books in a stack
The old familiar pain
Try to grade it all away
But I remember everything

Chorus
What have you become
My little flake
I see you asking me
Do I want fries with my shake
You can't pass my course
If you don't do the work
I will grade your tests
I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my proffie's chair
Full of broken dreams
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The flunkees disappear
You are serving fries
I am still right here

Chorus

Coda
If I could start again
A million miles away
I'd still grade your work
I would make you pay


No comments:

Post a Comment