Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesdays with Twitter

I was curious to read some of the Twitter comments about what faculty teach in class.  Here are some gems.


The second one reminds me that my English professor once shared her favorite saying.  "A college professor is like a proper young lady.  You don't want the reputation for being easy."

The second-to-last tweet, about cancelling class for the hockey game, is pretty typical.  I saw lots of pictures of classrooms watching the game on the projector screen.

Some of you noticed the Twitter feed on the right.  Yeah, we're in.  You'll appreciate me sharing the funniest/saddest student tweets rather than finding them yourselves.  Talk about a cesspool of humanity.  The bright side is that there are other faculty like us on Twitter (actually, some AWC writers are there) so that brings some balance to the feed.


6 comments:

  1. The twitter feed is....alarming/depressing/infuriating/occasionally hilarious. I don't want to look but I can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still, ya gotta admit: we Canadian profs *are* pretty dope. (wait.. that's a good thing right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having the twitterfeed on the right, although with each tweet I read, I can feel my rage coming out. Too bad parents and detractors of this forum don't read those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hoping to confuse my prof as much as I am while writing this paper to make her feel dumb and she'll just give me an A for using big words"

    Some of my students are trying that strategy. It works best if you use the words correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Dazzling me with their footwork" is something I stopped falling for years ago. It's so hard to believe that snowflakes persist in thinking that this will work.

      Delete
  5. I am morbidly amused by the twit feed, but I have to admit that it is also causing me to channel my inner Homer Simpson: "Urge to kill....rising."

    ReplyDelete